Why you need a Realtor® when buying New Construction
Some new-home buyers think the builder will provide a larger price reduction if they do not use an agent. This is NOT true.
Builders do not want to reduce the sale price of a new construction home, as it sets the comparison price for future home sales in that neighborhood. Instead they add the commissions paid to a buyer’s agent into the marketing budgets of the homes. If a buyer goes to a new-home builder without a real estate agent, the builder’s agent or the builder will pocket that money. Therefore using a Realtor® comes at no cost to you, the Buyer, and will help you save money in the long run.
Here is a list of how My Tampa Agent can positively impact the buying/building process for your new construction home.
- My Tampa Agent represents YOUR best interest instead of that of the Builder. As a licensed Realtor® we have a legal responsibility to get you the best deal possible.
- My Tampa Agent knows Builder reputations and inventory.
- Often the model home is a high-end version of the standard home. The builder is trying to hook you in by showing the best of the best. My Tampa Agent is able negotiate design incentives and/or closing costs on your behalf, sweetening your deal.
- Most builders use their own customized documents and agreements. My Tampa Agent is familiar with these documents and are able to interpret them properly.
- Builder's are not emotionally attached to the home the same way a typical seller is. My Tampa Agent is able to negotiate the deal to ensure you as the Buyer are protected.
- Do you have a home to sell first? Whether you are local or global we have your covered through our referral program.
- Do you have a lease to break? You may be eligible for our Lease Eliminator Buy Out Program.
- Most new construction homes are located in new developing areas. You will want to do your research and understand what will be happening in the area you are committing to living in including; future city roads, parks, community centers, etc. Your Realtor® is a fantastic resource for this type of information.
- Sometimes things may happen that are completely out of your control, having a Realtor® involved will provide solutions and contingency plans before they hinder the deal.
- Overall, My Tampa Agent will look out for you throughout the entire process and provide invaluable advice.